I love love love pasta, which is good as it’s usually the vegetarian option on limited menus. This one is from Pioneer Woman with a couple changes.
Pasta with Tomato Cream Sauce
Source: The Pioneer Woman Cooks
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 medium-sized onion, finely diced
- 4 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 15 ounces (2 cans) of tomato sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- a dash of sugar (I omitted this)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- grated Parmesan or Romano cheese to taste
- fresh basil
- 1 1/2 lb fettuccine
- Cook pasta according to package directions and drain (Pioneer Women recommends reserving a cup of the pasta water but I didn’t as the sauce was already very liquid-y).
- Heat butter and oil over medium heat. Add onions and garlic and saute for a minute or two. Add tomato sauce, salt and pepper.Stir and cook over low heat for 25-30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and stir in cream. Add cheese (I only added a spoonful and wish I’d added more), stir sauce into pasta.
- Top with fresh basil and enjoy!