This is one of the easiest, most delicious meals ever. Roasted red peppers and basil are two of my favourite things in the world, and they come together so well in this recipe. You can leave out the parmesan and cream if you want to veganize it.
Roasted Red Pepper and Basil Pesto Pasta
Source: Annie’s Eats
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1/3 cup pine nuts
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup roasted red peppers (fresh or jarred)
- 1 cup basil leaves
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lb pasta (I used brown rice pasta spirals; anything that will catch and hold the other ingredients is ideal)
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- Cook pasta according to the package directions. Drain, rinse in hot water if using rice pasta and return to the pot.
- While the pasta is cooking, add all other ingredients except the cream to the food processor and pulse until finely chopped. My food processor is tiny, so I add things one or two ingredients at a time. You can also finely chop all the ingredients and stir them together if you want to/don’t have a food processor. It’s actually quite yummy with bigger chunks of pesto.
- When the pasta is done, drained, rinsed and back in the pot, add the pesto you just made to it and stir so the pasta is coated. Add cream if you’re using it. Heat until warmed through.
- Serve and enjoy!