Believe me when I tell you that these are the best bar cookies EVER. I have been making them since I was small and cooking with my mom. They melt in your mouth and they’re just the right balance of chocolate and nuts. My mouth is watering thinking of them.
Make them now. You won’t regret it, promise.
Chocolate Chip Pecan Butterscotch Bars
Source: Mrs. Field’s Cookies Book
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup dark brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 cup salted butter, softened
- 1 large egg
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Fit parchment paper to a 8 inch x 8 inch baking pan.
- Combine flour and baking soda in a medium bowl. Mix well and set aside.
- In a large bowl, blend sugar and butter. Add egg and vanilla and beat until light and fluffy.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl and add the flour mixture, pecans and chocolate chips. Blend until just combined, not over-mixing.
- Transfer batter into a prepared pan and level the top with a spatula. Bake in the center of the oven for 35-45 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean but the center is still soft. Cool on rack to room temperature. Cut with a sharp knife into 1-by-2 inch bars.