Long time, no talk… yikes! I’ve missed this place. I started a new job in January and it’s absolutely wonderful, but adjusting to a new schedule has eaten up all of my energy. Writing and cooking have fallen by the wayside in favour of sleeping more and watching every. single. episode of The X Files.
I miss cooking all the time and always having home cooked meals, so I’ve been trying to make simple, quick things lately. This pizza is one of my oldest favourites; it is so delicious and easy to make. Jeanne Lemlin’s brilliance strikes again! It’s super adaptable as well, turning out well with every kind of beer and set of toppings I’ve tried.
Source: Jeanne Lemlin’s
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 bottle beer of your choice
- Whatever toppings you’d like (for the pizza pictured, I made a mushroom sauce with cremini mushrooms and caramelized onions, and topped it with black olives, mozzarella and feta. You can veganize this with your toppings and by making sure the beer you use is vegan)
- Preheat the over to 450 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Combine all ingredients for the crust in a bowl and mix to combine.
- Sprinkle a bit of flour on the counter and separate the dough into two balls. Knead them for a minute or so on the floured surface, then role them out into crusts that are half an inch thick. Place them on the baking sheets and add the toppings.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until the crust is lightly browned.
- Let sit for a couple minutes and the cut, serve and enjoy!