I’ve made a lot of brownies and a lot of bars in my time. And none have been as good (or easy to make) as these! They have a wonderfully crackling top and are so moist and delicious. So delicious I’ve made them twice in the past week… not just for me! For meetings and parties! Okay, maybe for me a bit…
The Very Best Brownies in the World
Source: Smitten Kitchen
- 3 oz/85 grams unsweetened chocolate, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup of butter or margarine
- 1 1/3 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F and line a 8×8 inch pan with parchment paper.
- Melt chocolate and butter over medium-low heat until melted, stirring frequently so it doesn’t burn. Remove from the heat and let it cool for a bit.
- Whisk in the sugar, eggs, vanilla and salt. Add the flour and stir until combined.
- Using a spatula, transfer the batter to the prepared pan and spread until even. Bake for 25-30 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Cool on a rack, cut into whatever size you’d like (I recommend bite-size squares!), eat and enjoy!