I’m a savoury breakfast person. 90% of the time I will choose toast, breakfast sandwiches or even cold pizza over things like pancakes or waffles. Sweet things are fine later in the day but in the morning…. blegh.
And here is where breakfast nachos come in. So easy! So quick! So versatile! Soooooo delicious. Perfect for anytime meal of the day, not just breakfast.
Source: Joy the Baker
- Enough tortilla chips to cover whatever size of baking pan you’re using
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup of cooked black beans
- 1 cup of cooked corn
- 1 package veggie ground round
- 2 cups grated cheese (something sharp, like cheddar, is perfect)
- 1 ripe avocado, sliced
- As many eggs are there are people you’re sharing with
- Whatever other add-ins you like! Don’t like beans? Leave ’em out! Add some hot peppers if you want more of a kick.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper to make clean-up far easier.
- Layer the tortilla chips on the parchment paper, and add salsa, beans, corn, veggie ground round and any add-ins you want. Top with grated cheese.
- Put the nachos in the oven and keep them in there until everything is heated through and the cheese is all wonderfully melty. Keep an eye on the tortilla chips at the edges to make sure they don’t burn. This will all take about 7 minutes.
- While the nachos are baking, cook the eggs over-easy in a non-stick or cast iron pan with a bit of butter or oil.
- When the nachos are done, remove them from the oven and add the eggs and avocado. Serve with plenty of napkins and enjoy immediately!